Monday, May 4, 2009

Skeese Greets Triathlon

GOOD JOB to all of the ladies who did Skeese Greets Tri this weekend!! You all did amazing and I am so impressed with all of your hard work. It was a fun day!! Thanks to all of the supporters as well, the race would not have gone the same if we didn't have you there to cheer us on! The morning was rough getting up so early that the sun wasn't even out. Although the weather gave us a scare it ended up being a great day!! We got to Texas Ski Ranch and unloaded the bikes and headed to get body marked and layout our transition zone. I had some issues as I had to replace my back tire prior to the race starting...woo...thank goodness for the bike gurus!! The race was fun and a good test for the next big thing. The swim was very helpful for teaching you how to swim in a crowd or on top of someone else and smelled just like sulfur! yum!! The bike was fun except once you got up a hill you never went down it so it just kept getting higher or you would hit a flat...my buns were burning!! Then the run was rather nice, seeing the ladies already in front of you about to finish. But once you cross the finish line it makes you want to do it all over again!
My mom and I before the race.
Jaki and Kelly before the race...our speedy tough cookies truly kicked everyones butt!
Ann, my mom, and I racing to the lovely port-o-potty one last time! 
Jaki and Kelly with our biggest fans...Tina and Baby T!
Catherine, my cousin, a future Tough Cookie!
The original 4 from last year...doesn't get any better than family!
My mom on her way to bike!
Amy and Gloria, her mom, after the race! Good job Gloria!!

Robin, Ann Marie S., and Ann, my mom, at the finish!

1 comment:

Christina said...

When you say BIGGEST fan, I literally was the biggest. I can't wait to be tri'ing with you girls again next year!