Sunday, May 31, 2009

Danskin Triathlon on Sunday!

The Danskin Triathlon is this SUNDAY!! It came quicker than I remember and am so excited. Everyone has been working so hard in preparation for this race. Last year it was an early start to the day but well worth it. As we were riding on the bus to the race site a lady munching on a McDonald's big mac told us to remember our first race because there is never another feeling quite like it and to enjoy every second of it! I didn't realize how wonderful hearing her say that until the middle of the race on the bike when it was extremely windy and I realized every woman on the course was doing this for a cause and I was doing it for Mark. It changed my view of the race knowing everyone was supporting each other.
Once we got off the bus we setup our transition area. I got in the water at 8:04 right after my mom left at 7am and my sister at 8am. I was so nervous as all of the women in my age group stood on the ramp in the water waiting for the gun to go off. Before we went the announcer gave some words of encouragement. Once I got half way through the swim i felt great and couldn't wait to reach the finish.
We had plenty of supporters and that made all the difference. I hope everyone will be able to make it out this Sunday for the race. I know it is early but even if you show up late someone will still be on the course needing support.

No comments: